Rep Color Bumper Plates
Our Rep color bumper plates are extremely durable, making them perfect for cross training/HIIT workouts and Olympic weightlifting. Rep 10 lb plates are extra thick to increase durability and reduce the chance of "tacoing," while our 45 lb plates are thinner than most at 72mm thick to allow more weight to fit on the bar. Our color bumper plates are made to the same high standards as our black plates, but the addition of full color makes it easy to properly load the bar every time, and to see how much weight is loaded in a large training environment. By following the international color standards (listed below), this is especially useful in group class settings where you can tell at a glance how much each lifter has loaded on the bar.
Bumper plates are excellent for training the Olympic lifts, which end with the bar overhead or at shoulder height. This allows the lifter to drop the bar after completing a lift, or if a lift is missed, without harming the bar, surrounding equipment, flooring, etc...
Bumper plates are also extremely popular with cross training/HIIT workouts due to the fact that time is always a factor and dropping the bar is quicker than lowering it. Bumper plates are also much quieter than metal plates which makes them excellent for home use or in a personal training studio. Our lower bounce, means getting back to the bar faster without wasting time letting the bar settle or stop bouncing around.
- 160 lb - (2)Each 45-25-10
- 210 lb - (2)Each 45-35-25
- 230 lb - (2)Each 45-35-25-10
- 260 lb - (2)Each 45-35-25-15-10
- 370 lb - (2)Each 55-45-35-25-15-10
What makes our bumper plates better?
- Superior craftsmanship and design. Steel inserts molded into the bumper plates increase durability versus older designs with brass inserts. Extra thick 10 lb plates are the best on the market.
- Low bounce. Some recycled rubber bumper plates will bounce very high and make you chase the bar around. Not ours.
- Thin profile. With a good Olympic bar, you can fit 515lbs of our bumper plates on the bar.
- Factory tested to withstand over 12,000 drops from a height of 8 ft.
- Used in both commercial and home gyms all over the world
- Plus, the advantage of full color in gym training environments! Easily see how much everyone is lifting.
Taking care of your bumper plates:
When your bumper plates arrive, let them air out for a few days. To increase the lifespan of your plates, always make sure they drop as close to straight down as possible. That means if your bar collars get loose during a workout, try to re-tighten them so that your plates always land straight up and down. This will lessen the sideways force on the bumper plate insert. Finally, a type of surface with some give - 4x6 heavy duty rubber mats, weight lifting platform, etc. will help to absorb some of the impact on the plates and increase their lifespan.
International Color Standards:
10 lb - Gray
15 lb - Black (from our regular black plates)
25 lb - Green
35 lb - Yellow
45 lb - Blue
55 lb - Red
Warranty is 6 months for 10 and 15 lb plates for home and commercial use, 3 years for all others for home use, 1 year commercial use
IMPORTANT NOTE: Warranty is VOID if mixed with Hi-Temps. Hi-Temps are a small diameter than regular plates, which means a bar loaded with a mixture of our plates and Hi-Temps will result in our plates taking all of the load, causing them to degrade faster.